Yesterday I spoke with a friend who was stung by a yellow jacket at about noon… she is highly allergic to stings and has had major swelling and potentially life threatening reactions in the past. Immediately after being stung, she picked some broadleaf plantain leaves from her yard and began chewing them without swallowing any. She made a poultice or mash in her mouth and deposited in her fingers, then placed it on the sting site for 10 minutes. When I looked at the sting site in the evening, there was no sign of it at all. – Thanks Kelly for submitting this tip – Check out my Edible page for more info on plantain.